Alves is a surname that appears to originate both from Portugal and Scotland. It is debatable whether the surname appeared first in one country or the other, since it is more prevalent in Portugal, but registered as far back as the 13th century in the church records at Alves, Moray, Northern Scotland.
Notable people with the surname include:
- Adriana Alves, Angola sprinter
- Afonso Alves, Brazilian footballer
- Bruno Alves, Portuguese footballer
- Camila Alves, Brazilian model and television performer
- Carlos Alberto Alves Garcia, Portuguese footballer known as "Carlitos"
- Dani Alves, Brazilian footballer
- Daniel Miguel Alves Gomes, Portuguese footballer known as "Danny"
- Diego Alves, Brazilian footballer
- Jéssika Alves, Brazilian actress
- João Alves (bishop), Portuguese Roman Catholic bishop
- João Alves de Assis Silva, Brazilian footballer known as "Jô"
- Jorge Alves (born 1978), Portuguese volleyball player
- Lennox Alves, Guyanese cricketer
- Magno Alves, Brazilian footballer
- Maria Domingas Alves, East Timorese politician
- Maurício Alves Peruchi (1990–2014), Brazilian footballer
- Robert Alves, Scottish poet and prose writer
- Thiago Alves (disambiguation)
|surname Alves. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|